Sunday, June 17, 2012

Irrational fear

Have you ever had an irrational fear??? Do you know what it is??? Do you know what it does to a person??

Basically it's a fear or a phobia it can be of anything.

It can cause anxiety, nausea, social disorders, fight or flight, the list goes on and on and for the people who have them.... It sucks.

It takes your normal life and turns it upside down, it makes you into a paranoid freak who thinks the world or even your closest loved ones are against you. That they are simply behind your back making fun of you, cheating on you, or just plain old being fake waiting for the perfect moment to let you in on the horrible secret.

I have irrational fears, I am scared of so many things that make no sense at all. And I have no way to make it stop. The only thing that has ever worked for me is basically talking me down off the ledge. But no one does that for me. They just get mad, which only makes the fear worse and more debilitating for me, do what do I do??? I repress it. I push it down and away as far as I can so I wonky be scared. I hide behind one thing or another until my head is so full that there is no room for the fear. Most nights I lay fall asleep watching tv because it is the only way to keep my brain away from those tucked away fears. But lately I have discovered that they always find a way out. That they will not be locked away. That they want to be seen, heard, and felt. They will not back down without a fight. So they come out I dreams. Awful horrible scary nightmares the kind that are suppose to go away after you become a grown up. For people with these irrational fears, the nightmares are not only there but they are almost real.

Why am I telling this to all of cyber space??

Because everyone one needs to know about this because chances are there is someone in your life that lives with some sort of anxiety disorder and you never know when you will be the person they need to talk them down off the ledge.

Moral of the story is, these people more than anything need love, real love, and a person to turn to when their own mind has turned against them. Are you willing to be that person for someone??? I hope so...

1 comment:

  1. You know I know what irrational fear is all about. I live with it everyday. It seems you do too. I love you and you can always talk to me. I won't get mad. You are my only sister and I want you to be happy. :0)

    ReplyDelete